Sunday, September 18, 2011

Boulevard of broken dreams


I walk alone I walk alone. 

In these crowded hallways full of faceless people. 
Get into the out dated, no license plated ride rolling on E and cruise. 

Driving down a nameless road, Going to a place a I can barely remember. Surrounded by abandoned houses and unfinished half built buildings. 

The car doesn't make it much farther and I get out to walk. I see a house I've never seen before but it brings back the memories I tried to forget. Into the house I walk alone. Trying to recover the memories I never wanted to remember, I recognize a chair. 

The one we use to sit on and watch our old time favorite movies. Yeah that chair. 

Down the hall I see a door barely open, i walk in and see nothing but a beat-up dresser. i open the drawer and in it is a letter 

"You were all i ever had, all i ever wanted, all i ever needed. 'I should've been a better man. Instead of wasting time spending my life searching for the finer things. You always gave me another chance to make it right. But I didn't deserve, cause I didn't understand. You can blame it all on me. I know it’s like this because of me. Now I’m just like a hitchhiker waiting for a ride. With no cars in sight.' I should of never let you go. I walk alone."

I walk alone. I walk alone. With tears running down my cheek i leave this place. On the road back to nowhere i turn around and look back on the life i tried to forget. My dreams. My ambitions are buried in this hell hole. 

I turn around and keep walking.
 

4 comments:

  1. I love your writing, It is so full of emotion that you can always feel. "In these crowded hallways full of faceless people." I love this line, it is so creative. Great work I love reading your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "a house I've never seen before but it brings back the memories I tried to forget."

    Wicked sweet line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the intro to this.

    in these crowded hallways full of faceless people.

    gives you a wicked cold loneliness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like the last line.. "I turn and and keep walking." life goes on and you don't have any option but to keep going. love you!

    ReplyDelete