Sunday, December 4, 2011

Gandhi

I’m not okay, I’m so not okay.
I used to be the girl who smiled all the time, and now...
I don’t know where she went 
and I miss her.
I don’t want to cry anymore 
I just want things to be the way they were,
I want my life back. 
I want to smile 
and laugh
and be optimistic again.
I want to be myself again.

As she sits in a room full of loud drunks...  
                                                                                                 she watches..
You'd think,
she'd remember that this isn't what she wanted for herself
You'd think she'd remember she had a choice
You'd think she'd remember to dump out her red plastic cup 
You'd think she'd remember to respect herself 

What happened?

She keeps forgetting to breathe 
She keeps forgetting that god gave her a second chance.
She keeps forgetting the most important
She keeps forgetting to remember.

Who is this girl? 
When will she completely own herself again?
Is it even worth the try?

This girl has been to hell and back .
And she might have 100 reasons to quit it.
But she has 101 reasons to keep fighting for it.




And tonight is not the last time she'll see the light.


No comments:

Post a Comment